Why does God interact with people? Have you ever wondered why the creator of the universe would bother to interact with humans? Throughout Scripture we see the Lord working through the people He made. A prime example of this is Abraham and his wife Sarah.
God Interacts with Sarah
Genesis 18:1The Lord appeared again to Abraham near the oak grove belonging to Mamre. One day Abraham was sitting at the entrance to his tent during the hottest part of the day. 2 He looked up and noticed three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran to meet them and welcomed them, bowing low to the ground.
Sarah and Abraham provide a meal for these three. After wards, the Lord gives them a message: Genesis 18: 10 Then one of them said, “I will return to you about this time next year, and your wife, Sarah, will have a son!”  Even though Sarah is past child-bearing age, God will work through her to bring about His will for the world.
God Interacts with Us
- If Jesus is your Savior, it is because God took the initiative to call you to faith by the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 1:13-14)
- The Lord hears our prayers and answers them in the best way. 1 Peter 3: 12 The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers.
- The Lord still speaks directly with people, just like He did with Abraham and Sarah.
- God gives wisdom and guidance through His Word, the work of the Holy Spirit or through other people. In Acts 9, God intervenes by knocking Saul off his horse and tells him to stop persecuting Him. Saul, who we now know as the Apostle Paul, became a great missionary.
- The Lord will give us comfort in the trials of our life. Isaiah 41: 10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
- God also intervenes to rescue us. He rescued Lot and his family from Sodom (Genesis 19) and Jonah (Jonah 1-2).
Look for God to Interact
Have you been aware of what God is doing in your life? Take time to consider what He has done and how He continues to interact with you. Now you understand why God interacts with people.
Click here to listen to more of how God interacted with Sarah: https://podpoint.com/light-of-christ-church-podcast/faith-makes-a-difference-sarah