Have you ever thought that we can bless our descendants? No matter who your ancestors are, you can make a difference by blessings generations that come after you.
Many people are not familiar with the book of Ruth in the Bible or her husband, Boaz, but many people have heard about their great grandson King David. David was the greatest King in Israel’s history. The person David became had a much to do with his ancestors. At the end of the book of Ruth is a list of names that may go unnoticed, but because they are listed, they are important.
The Descendants of Ruth and Boaz
Ruth 4:16 Naomi took the baby and cuddled him to her breast. And she cared for him as if he were her own. 17 The neighbor women said, “Now at last Naomi has a son again!” And they named him Obed. He became the father of Jesse and the grandfather of David. 18 This is the genealogical record of their ancestor Perez: Perez was the father of Hezron. 19 Hezron was the father of Ram. Ram was the father of Amminadab. 20 Amminadab was the father of Nahshon. Nahshon was the father of Salmon. 21 Salmon was the father of Boaz. Boaz was the father of Obed. 22 Obed was the father of Jesse. Jesse was the father of David. 
Blessing Your Descendants
If you came from a family who loves the Lord, you have reaped generational blessings, whether you realize it or not. And if you didn’t, there’s no better time to let the blessings begin with you! Curses or blessings, it all begins with choices. When we choose to honor God, the blessings flow. I fail so often. But God is merciful and honors our efforts.
Here are some of the ways you can put loving the Lord and your neighbor into practice.
- Spend time with your kids. Make sure your influence is the strongest in their lives.
- Reach out to those who are hurting or in need and encourage your children to do the same.
- Take your kids to church.
- Teach your children to pray. Let them see you pray and pray with them.
- Teach them to live by God’s standards that are set forth in His Word.
- Help them to memorize scripture.
- Model thankfulness and generosity.
- Keep your priorities in line. Make sure that time with your family and time with the Lord comes first and don’t allow anything to overcrowd your schedule.
To hear more about blessing your descendants, listen here:https://podpoint.com/light-of-christ-church-podcast/seeking-the-lord-changes-my-life-ruth-part-2