- Today’s Scripture & Insight: Psalm 32:7
Have you ever thought much about how the Lord protects you? When I was 27, a drunk driver broad sided my car at 70 mph and hit the front of my car on the driver’s side. The other driver had a much larger car and sent my car spinning down the highway. As the car collided with mine, I cried out to God. The next thing I remembered was waking up on the opposite side of the road on the shoulder still in my car. Normally, in a collision like that, you would be seriously hurt or killed. In my case I was not hurt at all. The Lord protected me in a supernatural way.
When Moses was born the evil Egyptian Pharaoh wanted all the new baby boys to be killed; but God protected them. 15 Then Pharaoh, the king of Egypt, gave this order to the Hebrew midwives, Shiphrah and Puah: 16 “When you help the Hebrew women as they give birth, watch as they deliver. If the baby is a boy, kill him; if it is a girl, let her live.” 17 But because the midwives feared God, they refused to obey the king’s orders. They allowed the boys to live, too.  Exodus 1:15-17.
When Moses was born, she (His mother) saw that he was a special baby and kept him hidden for three months. Exodus 2:2. At each step of Moses’ life, the Lord was protecting him. What does God’s word tell us about His protection?
- Psalm 32:7 – For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. 
- Nahum 1:7 – The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him.
- Deut. 31:6 – So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” 
- 2 Thess. 3:3 – But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.
As you read these verses, you begin to realize the Lord protects us both from physical harm and spiritual harm. Have you ever had a time in your life where the Lord made you aware that He protected you? Often the Lord’s protection goes unnoticed because it is in the spiritual realm. Take time to give thanks to the Lord for his awesome protection!
To hear how the Lord protected Moses, listen here: https://podpoint.com/light-of-christ-church-podcast/series/the-footsteps-of-moses/trusting-god-in-difficult-times