As humans, we often like to think we are indispensable, but the reality is that no one is. As the old saying goes, “Put your hand in water and pull it out and see what happens.” Obviously, when you do that, water fills in the space where your hand was.
Moses was one of the greatest leaders in all of Scripture and probably in the history of the world. Yet, when the time came, after Moses died, God would replace him with another leader. That is very humbling when you think about it. In Numbers 12:3 it gives insight in the humility of Moses. Now Moses was very humble—more humble than any other person on earth. 
As the Israelites neared the promised land, God had instructions for Moses. Num. 17:12 One day the Lord said to Moses, “Climb one of the mountains east of the river and look out over the land I have given the people of Israel. After you have seen it, you will die like your brother, Aaron.
A few verses later. the Lord revealed to Moses who the new leader would be. Num.17:18The Lord replied, “Take Joshua son of Nun, who has the Spirit in him, and lay your hands on him.
Throughout the ages the work of the Lord continues from one generation to the next. What does this tell us about God?
- God uses a variety of people to carry out His plan from one generation to the next.
- The Lord loves to work through His children, although He does not need our help.
- God works through imperfect people like you and me.
- God has a plan and invites us to participate in it.
- The Lord is like a musical conductor as He calls, guides and directs millions of followers to fulfill His master plan.
What does this tell us about man?
- It is a gift from God to be called to faith and able to participate in building God’s Kingdom.
- Eph.2:8God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
What a privilege it is to be part of God’s plan in the generation we live. To hear more about Moses and his story, listen here: https://podpoint.com/light-of-christ-church-podcast/series/the-footsteps-of-moses/passing-the-mantle