In the book of Daniel chapter one, Daniel determined to set His heart to follow God. 8 But Daniel was determined not to defile himself by eating the food and wine given to them by the king. He asked the chief of staff for permission not to eat these unacceptable foods.Daniel’s action began in his heart, just as it does for us.
In our story of Moses and the Hebrews, the people said they wanted to follow God. Ex. 19:7 So Moses returned from the mountain and called together the elders of the people and told them everything the Lord had commanded him. 8 And all the people responded together, “We will do everything the Lord has commanded.” So Moses brought the people’s answer back to the Lord.
It is easy to say words, but God wants us to put our words into action. True heart following results in actions, it can’t be just limited to words.
How can I set my heart to follow God by word and action?
- Realize you are in a spiritual battle and your own sinful flesh and the work of your enemy satan in the world works against you. With this realization we must call on the Lord in prayer and be strong in the Lord and His mighty power.
- Take one day at a time. Each day ask the Lord, “What would You like me to do right now?”
- When you fail and you will, ask the Lord to forgive you and help you to get up and follow.
- Encourage others along your journey and ask others to encourage you.
- Spend time in God’s word and prayer to gain strength only God can give you.
Our ministry loves to connect with our readers. If you have a prayer request or a comment, please let us know. Also, if this devotional helped you, please share it with others. To hear more about Moses and following God, listen here: https://podpoint.com/light-of-christ-church-podcast/series/the-footsteps-of-moses/god-wants-to-meet-with-you