Have you ever thought of how the Lord sees you? This is so important because so many people go through life with a negative image of themselves. Maybe when you were in school you were picked on. Maybe you had a teacher who was less than kind about something in your life. That can really hurt. Over time our self-image can come from what others think of us, instead of how God see us.
From our story in Judges chapter six, Gideon did not have a very good image of himself. That self-image was just the opposite of what God saw in him. It says in Judges 6:11-12 – Then the angel of the Lord came and sat beneath the great tree at Ophrah, which belonged to Joash of the clan of Abiezer. Gideon son of Joash was threshing wheat at the bottom of a winepress to hide the grain from the Midianites. 12 The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the Lord is with you!” 
Gideon must have been thinking, “Who are you talking to?” Mighty hero? The Lord is with me? The Lord was looking at what Gideon was going to become not who he thought he was. The angel was speaking truth into his life.
What would the Lord like to say to you today as you read this?
- I am the creator and you are my creation. So, God created human beings in his own image. Genesis 1:27.
- Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. Psalm 139:14.
- You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.  Psalm 139:16.
- Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Cor. 5:17.
- Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?1 Cor. 3:16.
To hear the story of Gideon, listen here: