Have you ever had someone break a promise? How did that affect you? I always say it isn’t a matter if I will let you down. It is a matter of when I will let you down. I’m a sinful person and even when I intend to keep my promises, sooner or later I won’t. Does God keep His promises?
The good news God isn’t like us. When the Lord makes a promise, we can count on it. We don’t ever have to worry about the Lord backing out at the last minute. God had promised Abraham and Sarah a child. Even though they had to wait, God kept His promise in a miraculous way. Isaac was born when Abraham was 100 and Biblical scholars believe that Sara was about 90.
Some Biblical Promises
- Promise of salvation for all those who place their faith in Jesus. John 3:16For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
- God will never leave you. Matthew 28:20And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age. 
- The Lord will protect you. Psalm 32: For you (Lord) are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. 
- God enables you to endure hard times. 2 Corinthians 12:9“My (Christ’s) grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I (Paul) am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me
- The Lord forgives sin as we confess them. 1 John 1:9But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
- God gives us peace. John 14:17 I (Jesus) am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
Reflect on God’s Promises
Does God keep His promises? Yes! As we reflect on these promises, we strengthen our faith and come to know that our God is faithful. The word “faithful” in the New Testament refers to “one who is trustworthy in the transacting of His business, the execution of His commands, and the discharge of all His duties.” It speaks of “one Who keeps all His promises.” In the Old Testament, it speaks of “firmness, steadfastness, and steadiness.”
If God gave up His one and only Son, Jesus, to save us from eternal separation from Him, what would He not do to protect us? May our hearts be at peace, knowing that God’s promises are faithful and sure.
To hear more about the faithful promises of God, listen here: https://podpoint.com/light-of-christ-church-podcast/faith-makes-a-difference-sarah