It is critical to know that God is with us as we journey in this dark world. Perhaps you need to be reassured that God is with you just as He was with Samuel the prophet. 1 Samuel 3:19 As Samuel grew up, the Lord was with him, and everything Samuel said proved to be reliable.
Why is knowing the Lord is with us so important?
- As believers the Holy Spirit dwells in us and is with us wherever we go. We are never alone.
- When the Lord is with me it gives me confidence to move forward in faith.
- When the Lord is with me it gives me peace and hope.
- When the Lord is with me it enables me to be an overcomer.
- Knowing the Lord is with me gives me confidence that I am truly a believer in Jesus as my Savior.
Psalm 23:4 – Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.  This is one of the most well-known chapters in the entire Bible. The 23rd Psalm contains poetic and symbolic language of David’s passages through life’s valleys toward the final destination of the kingdom of heaven. God never promises to keep us out of the valleys or to take us over the valleys, but He does promise to go with us through them. No wonder the Great Shepherd’s staff and rod comforted him. They should comfort us too. In the book of Daniel, God never promised to keep Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego out of the fiery furnace, but He did go with them through the fire and delivered them!
How about you? Do you feel that the Lord is walking with you or far away? If He seems far away, I invite you to take a step toward God in faith. Call on the name of the Lord in prayer and expect the Lord to act just as He tells us in James 4:8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. 
To hear more about the call of Samuel, listen here: https://podpoint.com/light-of-christ-church-podcast/series/the-call/the-call-samuel